Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Review of Eltjo Haselhoff's Fingerstyle Guitar Solos

It has been quite a while since I've posted to my blog, life keeps getting in the way.  However I felt compelled to write a review, actually recycle a review, that I wrote on iTunes for Dutch fingerstylist Eltjo Haselhoff's Fingerstyle Guitar Solos.  The reason I felt the urge to do this is that in visiting his website, I stumbled on a snippet of my review on his site.  How cool is that?

So here's what I wrote on iTunes about 2 years ago...

"As a student of guitar, I'm always looking for guitar solo CD's that speak to me in terms of style and technique. Eltjo's album does this and much more through strong melodies. My first listen through I was at work and had to stop working as I was reduced to tears listening to Snow in London. What a beautiful tune.

I highly recommend this album if you are into solo fingerstyle acoustic guitar."

I stand by my original assessment of this CD.  It has become one of the albums in my rotation of guitar music to listen to.  Snow In London is such a beautiful moving tune that I recently purchased a copy of the music from Eltjo so that I can learn the tune.  It is written in Orkney turning (CDGGCD), one of my main tunings to play in.  Hopefully I can tackle this piece and add it to my repertoire.

Musical Luv...

No comments: